IS ANXIETY STEALING YOUR JOY?
Hi. I’m Gretchen J. Penner, ASW, and I am a pre-licensed therapist at the Therapeutic Center for Anxiety and Trauma in San Diego, CA. I find joy helping others reclaim their joy. Living with anxiety and depression is not living. It’s barely surviving. I provide a safe place where people can let go of fear and the fear of being fearful.
I specialize and am trained in the treatment of trauma, anxiety and depression. Through evidence-based practices I help youth, adults and families increase healthy coping skills and decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression. I take a holistic approach to therapy, knowing that our challenges are impacted by our surroundings,culture, health, and belief system. I customize the therapeutic experiences to find what works best for each client and their unique situation. I believe that everyone has the ability within themselves to overcome life’s challenges and discover their full potential. Sometimes we just need a little help.
Trauma • Anxiety • Depression • Anger • Forgiveness • Panic Attacks • Intrusive Scary Thoughts • Self-Acceptance and Self-Compassion • Resiliency • Mindfulness • Relaxation Visualization • Motivation • Healthy Thought Process • Adolescents • Adults
Education and Specialized Training:
- B.A. in Sociology from Chapman University
- Master of Social Work, with a concentration in Community Mental Health from California State University, Fullerton
- Integrative Treatment of Complex Trauma for Adolescents
- Therapeutic Mindfulness
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
License and Membership:
- Associate Clinical Social Worker ASW #67771
- California Society For Clinical Social Work
- Supervised by Jamie Kohanyi MA, LMFT #83775
- Verified by Psychology Today